How To Toast Nori Toast Nori to enjoy its best flavor.
- Take out one sheet of Nori.
- Set the heater to “low heat”, and put the Nori on a toasting net with its rough face under side.
- Keep some distance above the heater. (Two sheets can be toasted at a time if required)
The point is to heat the rough side.
- The color turned to blue green shows the completion of toasting.
※Be careful not to over-toast, or the flavor may be spoiled.
- Heaters for Nori Toasting
- The best one is an electric heater, that heat the Nori evenly all over.
Also, a gas oven, toaster oven, hot-plate can be used by taking care not to contact the Nori to direct flame.
How to Cook Moistened Nori
- Tear the Nori into small pieces.
- Prepare a bowl of soup with soy-sauce, rice wine and sugar.
- Put the Nori into the soup, and leave it till the Nori has been swollen.
- Put the Nori and soup in a pan, and cook them well till almost all the soup has disappeared.
- Keep the product in a jar that can be sealed with an air-tight cap.
It is a delicious preserved food. Please try this when your Nori is moistened.